X2 Pandora Modproject Forum

X2 Pandora Modproject Forum (http://x2-pandora.de/index.php)
-   English (http://x2-pandora.de/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   pandora missions on x3tc? (http://x2-pandora.de/showthread.php?t=784)

Gravemind 05.11.2008 16:51

pandora missions on x3tc?

hello!

i was looking in the egosoft forums a bit around in the search function about pandora. i noticed in x3tc there are pandora missions and a ship called "Argon Pandora". egosoft stole our idea?

what you think.

Adlantis 05.11.2008 17:16

Re: pandora missions on x3tc?

Nope, the Name Argon Pandora comes from a Exploration Ship in X3 although the player doesn't see it ingame... The Ship in our Mod is the same, only that we have a story and a model for it...

btw. That should be mentioned somewhere my original Version of the Plot:confused:

Gravemind 05.11.2008 18:06

AW: pandora missions on x3tc?

yes but why they named it pandora?

Shadow dream 05.11.2008 18:29

That's easy, because Pandora is the coolest name (and somehow they knew that we would make a Mod called Pandora and made some publicity for us :D )

Shadow

Adlantis 05.11.2008 20:49

Re: AW: pandora missions on x3tc?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravemind (Post 11388)
yes but why they named it pandora?

Hmm, I've no Idea... But it was useful for us. I'm not very good at coming up with names...:D

Graceburn 07.11.2008 11:34

So now when people see 'Pandora' in x3:tc, they get our mod to fing out more

Adlantis 07.11.2008 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graceburn (Post 11410)
So now when people see 'Pandora' in x3:tc, they get our mod to fing out more

Well, for most people the name "Pandora" is just connected to the "pandora Tunings" in X3. In Space Floating Crates with Engine and Rudder Tunings.

Gravemind 07.11.2008 17:41

AW: Re: pandora missions on x3tc?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlantis (Post 11414)
Well, for most people the name "Pandora" is just connected to the "pandora Tunings" in X3. In Space Floating Crates with Engine and Rudder Tunings.

i think this is the point. nobody thinks about the x2 pandora mod in the egosoft forum, because most people (German X Community) dont know our mod, and after we finished pre- alpha or alpha we should do a thread about this mod.

Chris Gi 07.11.2008 18:10

Well, sure we will make a thread. But there are not many people left that are interested in X2. I occasionally look into the new X3TC forums, and people want mods for this! Noone cares about X2 anymore except some - I'm tempted to say - 'freaks'.

And anyway: why should ES care if there's a X2 mod by this name? 'Pandora' is not copyrighted. It's a name associated with a great story.

Shadow dream 07.11.2008 19:05

yeah, many people are on X3TC now. It doesn't surprise me. They want the newest features. But that they already want mods.... I mean, are there already any modding tools? They'll have to wait some time! And I don't believe that the models will be that different from X3.

even though I want to keep on going making Pandora. That should be the greatest (and maybe last) mod for X2, some kind of "remembering the good old days". I think if we can present enough and cool things, people will play X2 again! They're playing a little because of TOP GUN, and We'll bring even more! It can't be that they don't like X2 anymore, they only play the others because they are new, but need good driving systems.
X2 is more the "poket game" you can play anywhere on your LapTop ^^

[Just a guess: The more X3 we can put in X2, the more people will probably play X2 again. The thing I like most on X3 is, that you have a realy good universe view. If I look at the planets I think "wow, that looks soo cool", If I look at the ship textures I think of the same. (what I like most is, that some sectors are very bright. You see a lot more of the ships - even if in reality it isn't like that, it just looks good) We are limited, that's true. But even though there's a lot we can get out of X2, and that's exactly what we want to do! And we are getting closer step by step!]

Shadow