X2 Pandora Modproject Forum

X2 Pandora Modproject Forum (http://x2-pandora.de/index.php)
-   Mod Universe (http://x2-pandora.de/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   How's Pandora's progess coming? (http://x2-pandora.de/showthread.php?t=1382)

immortalfrieza 06.01.2013 11:58

How's Pandora's progess coming?

I'm surprised this mod is still alive after all this time. It shows just how dedicated the Pandora team is. However, I don't see anything here which shows any updates on it's progress, why not?

This mod is brilliant though, it adds quite a few things that I had expected to see in the X games from the outset, and I hope that it actually gets finished.

Shadow dream 06.01.2013 16:33

AW: How's Pandora's progess coming?

It will, it's just hard to tell when this will be. We have a lot of plans and many of them still need to be done. Of course some are finished too, but we won't release such an early Alpha-Stage since it would look half-done.

If you want to help - no matter how - we're still looking for modders to create ships and stations. Or making some music, News, Conversations,... almost everything! If you know someone ..? :D

Shadow

immortalfrieza 06.01.2013 17:27

Re: AW: How's Pandora's progess coming?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow dream (Post 18464)
It will, it's just hard to tell when this will be. We have a lot of plans and many of them still need to be done. Of course some are finished too, but we won't release such an early Alpha-Stage since it would look half-done.

If you want to help - no matter how - we're still looking for modders to create ships and stations. Or making some music, News, Conversations,... almost everything! If you know someone ..? :D

Shadow

Unfortunately, I don't have any modding skills or anything, I wish I did, but anything that complicated always goes right over my head whenever I try to learn how to do it. Nor do I know of anyone that does have modding skills, I'm sorry.

It seems like the modding community for X2 is all but dead, most everybody moved on to the newer games. All I can do is advise you to add a few threads to any X modding forums you can find asking for assistance.

EDIT: Something just occurred to me. Maybe it would be a good idea for the team to release the Pandora mod piecemeal, those parts of it that can work on their own, like whatever stations and ships you've already made for example. That way, you could have the mod tested by the X2 players at large, a little bit at a time, ironing out the bugs and receiving feedback on it.

Guennie1568 06.01.2013 17:50

Hi immortalfrieza

If you can't modelling or scripting, you can help with other things.
We need things like voices too. Do you have a microphone or a headset? So you can record some plot texts. You don't need to convert or edit this files. But, if you have cooledit, you can do it for yourself. If you have Dropbox, you can upload these files to it and we can add it to the mod files. For editing, you need the scripts from egosoft's X Superbox. For editing, you need the scripts from egosoft's X Superbox. If you don't have both, we can help you ;)

immortalfrieza 06.01.2013 17:53

Re: AW: How's Pandora's progess coming?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guennie1568 (Post 18466)
Hi immortalfrieza

If you can't modelling or scripting, you can help with other things.
We need things like voices too. Do you have a microphone or a headset? So you can record some plot texts. You don't need to convert or edit this files. But, if you have cooledit, you can do it for yourself. If you have Dropbox, you can upload these files to it and we can add it to the mod files. For editing, you need the scripts from egosoft's X Superbox. For editing, you need the scripts from egosoft's X Superbox. If you don't have both, we can help you ;)

I've got a mic, so maybe I can do some voice acting. how does VAing work?

Couchracer 06.01.2013 18:16

AW: Re: AW: How's Pandora's progess coming?

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortalfrieza (Post 18465)
Unfortunately, I don't have any modding skills or anything, I wish I did, but anything that complicated always goes right over my head whenever I try to learn how to do it. Nor do I know of anyone that does have modding skills, I'm sorry.

Never mind ;)
I also started modding for the X2P projekt without any modding experiences. Of course, my first models weren't the best, but they soon became better.
If you could help us, that would be great. Just try it, if you really don't like modding, we won't lose anything and you had at least tried it ;)

Please excuse me, my spelling and grammar aren't the best :D.

Guennie1568 06.01.2013 18:26

AW: Re: AW: How's Pandora's progess coming?

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortalfrieza (Post 18467)
I've got a mic, so maybe I can do some voice acting. how does VAing work?

You have a mic? Thats great! :thumbsup:
If you have cooledit, you must set your mic as standard audio input hardware.
Then press the record button (red point) and speak some text.
But you do not need this program. You can use every audio editor like Audacity (www.audacity.sourceforge.net) or the simple windows audio recorder. For editing the file(s) you can send the files to us (Chris Gi, Shadow Dream or me). We have CoolEdit/Adobe Audition and the scripts from egosoft.
Perhaps you can send some test recordings? So we can hear it and look for good texts for your voice. Perhaps one or more main characters?
Our (main) plots are very audio heavy.

immortalfrieza 06.01.2013 23:20

Re: AW: Re: AW: How's Pandora's progess coming?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guennie1568 (Post 18469)
You have a mic? Thats great! :thumbsup:
If you have cooledit, you must set your mic as standard audio input hardware.
Then press the record button (red point) and speak some text.
But you do not need this program. You can use every audio editor like Audacity (www.audacity.sourceforge.net) or the simple windows audio recorder. For editing the file(s) you can send the files to us (Chris Gi, Shadow Dream or me). We have CoolEdit/Adobe Audition and the scripts from egosoft.
Perhaps you can send some test recordings? So we can hear it and look for good texts for your voice. Perhaps one or more main characters?
Our (main) plots are very audio heavy.

Yeah, I've got audacity, so that might work. I'd only use free audio programs though

Could you send me a PM of a few sample lines I could record and then send to you? That'll give me something to work off of.

4of25 07.01.2013 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow dream (Post 18464)

Shadow

In deed, but i think there is one point:

we have a massive PR lack^^

Perhaps we can do something like a x2p-o-meter, showing the actual progress. The different progress in modding, audio, plot or scripting may be the main prob.

Couchracer 07.01.2013 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4of25 (Post 18474)
Perhaps we can do something like a x2p-o-meter, showing the actual progress. The different progress in modding, audio, plot or scripting may be the main prob.

Would be nice :thumbsup: