Go Back   X2 Pandora Modproject Forum > English Section > Mod Universe

Mod Universe You can post here and Talk with other Peoples.

Old 25.11.2008   #11
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gi
Default AW: New To Modding

Nice, you've found out quite a lot .

Yeah, too bad this [select script='....'] syntax doesn't work....

Quote:
However, you can't tell that these commands are present
Use the 'set script command' instruction, giving the command name at the beginning of the script. Set 'set script command: nulll' at the end of the script.

Quote:
Also, can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can add a new ware to all trading stations?
Code:
011   $x.max = get max sectors in x direction
012   $y.max = get max sectors in y direction
014   while [TRUE]
015    $y = 0
016    while $y < $y.max
017     $x = 0
018     while $x < $x.max
019 @    = wait 10 ms
020      if $x != 1 AND $y != 3
021       $Sector = get sector from universe index: x=$x, y=$y
022       if $Sector
023 @      = [THIS] -> call script 'plugin.ck.pandora.gov.sector' :  Sector=$Sector
024       end
025      end
026      inc $x = 
027 @    = wait randomly from 10 to 30 ms
028     end
029     inc $y = 
030 @   = wait randomly from 10 to 30 ms
031    end
032   end
Instead of the script call, use a 'find station'-instruction (from General Object Commands) with class=Trade Dock, race=null ..., and then an 'add product to factory or dock' (from General Object Commands).

Quote:
I also don't know where to start in creating a new ware, either.
There are only limited possibilities without go into modding. There are several wares that aren't used, but are active. If you browse the ware list, you find several wares with 'ReadText17-Number'. Just use any of these numbers and give it a name. The difficult part is: every ware has a set price that can't be changed (without modding!). 5773 is cheap, 5943 is not (the higher the number, the higher the price).
Chris Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26.11.2008   #12
AmadanLegre

Default Re: AW: New To Modding

I was kind of hoping that "COMMAND_ACTION" somehow had something to do with "[select][/select], but I don't think so. It would make some sense I guess, if there was a special script to handle the value, but oh well. Looks like it's hard coded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gi View Post
Use the 'set script command' instruction, giving the command name at the beginning of the script. Set 'set script command: nulll' at the end of the script.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. What i"m wanting to do is be able to give the pilot some indication that there're commands in the "Additional Ship Commands" section. Rgith now I just see two rows, each lebelled "Slot 1" and "Slot 2", respectively. The rest of the row just says "None". And when you select either slot, they go to the same place.
Quote:
There are only limited possibilities without go into modding. There are several wares that aren't used, but are active. If you browse the ware list, you find several wares with 'ReadText17-Number'. Just use any of these numbers and give it a name. The difficult part is: every ware has a set price that can't be changed (without modding!). 5773 is cheap, 5943 is not (the higher the number, the higher the price).
How exactly would I mod a new ware? Is there a website you can link me to? I can't find anything that explains this in the MSCI handbook.

Last edited by AmadanLegre; 26.11.2008 at 10:16
AmadanLegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26.11.2008   #13
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gi
Default AW: New To Modding

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.
Oh, it seems I didn't understand your original question. I thought you were referring to the fact that if you use a command in one of the two slots, the command executed is not properly displayed. If you do not use the 'set script command' instruction, the command is not displayed.
Re-reading your original question, I think you refer to the fact that there's no hint that there are additional ship commands that could be executed, right? Well, that can't be helped, that's the way it works: in fact, the info 'None' is absolutely correct - there are no commands in this slot. All you can do is document this in a ReadMe or one a website!

Quote:
How exactly would I mod a new ware? Is there a website you can link me to? I can't find anything that explains this in the MSCI handbook.
The MSCI handbook is a reference for scripting. Are you sure you want to mod a ware? Most of the time, this isn't really necessary. Those ReadText17 entries are wares not used by the game, but ready to use.
All you have to do is edit a t-file and use the following lines:
Code:
<page id="17">
        <text id="5773">My New Ware</t>
</page>
Now you have a new ware, ready to use for whatever purpose you want.
The drawback is that you have to go with the values the game provides. All these wares have certain properties like cargo size, price, volume etc. You have to test the different ReadText17's to find one that comes close to your expectations. If you don't find any, then you'll need to start modding.
What exactly are you want to do?
Chris Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26.11.2008   #14
AmadanLegre

Default Re: AW: New To Modding

Quote:
Oh, it seems I didn't understand your original question. I thought you were referring to the fact that if you use a command in one of the two slots, the command executed is not properly displayed. If you do not use the 'set script command' instruction, the command is not displayed.
Re-reading your original question, I think you refer to the fact that there's no hint that there are additional ship commands that could be executed, right? Well, that can't be helped, that's the way it works: in fact, the info 'None' is absolutely correct - there are no commands in this slot. All you can do is document this in a ReadMe or one a website!

The MSCI handbook is a reference for scripting. Are you sure you want to mod a ware? Most of the time, this isn't really necessary. Those ReadText17 entries are wares not used by the game, but ready to use.
All you have to do is edit a t-file and use the following lines:
Code:
<page id="17">
        <text id="5773">My New Ware</t>
</page>
Now you have a new ware, ready to use for whatever purpose you want.
The drawback is that you have to go with the values the game provides. All these wares have certain properties like cargo size, price, volume etc. You have to test the different ReadText17's to find one that comes close to your expectations. If you don't find any, then you'll need to start modding.
What exactly are you want to do?
Yes you're correct about the "Additional Ship Commands" concern. That's what I was wondering about. Too bad it can't be changed!

How do I browse for those items again? The pre-built ones? Which file are they in? As for what I'm creating.. I want to create a ware that's required in order to access a recruitment agency's services. It won't be expensive, it's basically just you buying a basic account. Using the service also costs credits so the war doesn't need to cost much. Just want it for consistency. Also, there could be different agencies down the road that offer similar services at higher quality, so it'd be nice to know how to do this.

EDIT: I'd also like to know whether I can attach more than one version/type of a ware to the same command menu item. The idea is that I wouldn't have to add more commands, and I can change their results by changing the ware that allows for them. If I can't do it this way, I'll have to use a script and store some globals. Then I could use just one ware ware/type. Once you got it, you'd "log in" to the recruitment service and from there you'd have to pick an agency to join and create an account. This way there can be agencies based on faction/idealogy, but they'd all use the same command menu item.

Last edited by AmadanLegre; 26.11.2008 at 19:27
AmadanLegre is offline   Reply With Quote