Go Back   X2 Pandora Modproject Forum > English Section > Ideas

Ideas Write your Ideas here in!.

Old 05.03.2008   #21
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gi

Well, bridge crews. Really cool stuff. I'm looking forward to Top Gun Mod V3.0. We haven't discussed this, but I'm not into it for 3 reasons:
1. My moddeling capabilies just aren't good enough, I think.
2. It's Harlock's idea, and he's the one who should do it. It's the outstanding feature of Top Gun Mod, a feature never seen before.
3. X2 has some limitations, especially when it comes to texturing. I don't know for sure right now, but I believe to create good looking bridge crews new textures are needed. X2-Pandora uses a lot of new textures, there's simply no place. I don't know if this is really a problem, maybe using the old textures is enough.

I won't do any bridge crew, but maybe one of the other modders around here

Player HQ:
not sure about this. There will be something like this, but I'm not sure which model to use. There's a main problem with X2: it's docking of the big ships. X3 goes beyond the possibilities of X2, that's why a Player HQ is possible.
One thing is sure. The Player HQ won't be a ship but a station, because it needs the capability to dock a M1 and the like. This is not possible with a ship. The result of the 'research' I've done so far shows that the capability to dock big ships is limited to Shipyards etc. and that is not possible to dock on any other station. If this is approved, then the Player HQ will be an Argon Shipyard (or similar station), no new model. It all still needs a little more analysis and some trials before the final decision. But I want to have such a thing - and where's a will, there's a way.
Chris Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05.03.2008   #22
Gravemind
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Gravemind Send a message via Skype™ to Gravemind

Quote:
we could modify the military crew AL plugin... you know where you must search the transport ship to get the crew.
Old 06.03.2008   #23
SWAHILI!!!
X² Pandora Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Chris Gi',index.php?page=Thread&postID=945#post945
Well, bridge crews. Really cool stuff. I'm looking forward to Top Gun Mod V3.0. We haven't discussed this, but I'm not into it for 3 reasons:
1. My moddeling capabilies just aren't good enough, I think.
2. It's Harlock's idea, and he's the one who should do it. It's the outstanding feature of Top Gun Mod, a feature never seen before.
3. X2 has some limitations, especially when it comes to texturing. I don't know for sure right now, but I believe to create good looking bridge crews new textures are needed. X2-Pandora uses a lot of new textures, there's simply no place. I don't know if this is really a problem, maybe using the old textures is enough.

Player HQ:
not sure about this. There will be something like this, but I'm not sure which model to use. There's a main problem with X2: it's docking of the big ships. X3 goes beyond the possibilities of X2, that's why a Player HQ is possible.
One thing is sure. The Player HQ won't be a ship but a station, because it needs the capability to dock a M1 and the like. This is not possible with a ship. The result of the 'research' I've done so far shows that the capability to dock big ships is limited to Shipyards etc. and that is not possible to dock on any other station. If this is approved, then the Player HQ will be an Argon Shipyard (or similar station), no new model. It all still needs a little more analysis and some trials before the final decision. But I want to have such a thing - and where's a will, there's a way.
Oh, wait, I think you got me wrong.
I didn't mean that capital ships could dock there, I meant that it would have such a huge docking bay that you could just fly your M6 into the hangar, park it there, dock into a M5, then dock at the ship. I didn't mean that you could dock a M6 at the station.
And why does the HQ have to be a station? I mean, it doesn't really have to dock a capital ship, does it?
And also, I meant that it could have the size and shape of the Player Headquarters, but with X2 graphics and everything.

And about the crew, they'd just be a part of the background.
SWAHILI!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07.03.2008   #24
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gi

You're right, the Player HQ can be a ship. I was thinking of a station because the mod needs one. But the station I'm thinking of and a Player HQ needn't be the same.

But why should it be a ship? The only advantages I see is the capability of a ship to carry weapons (and that the number of ships docking can be restricted) - and of course to make an office instead of a bridge.
Yeah, the X3 Player HQ looks cool. I once managed to get in X2 (I mean the original model retextured), but the station just uses too many polygons. So if we decide to make an Player HQ, we need to remodel it.

I think a Player HQ should have special capabilities. Any ideas?
Chris Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07.03.2008   #25
Gravemind
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Gravemind Send a message via Skype™ to Gravemind

it can modfiy the ships with shields/weapons/speed but it needs then time
Old 29.03.2008   #26
Graceburn
X² Pandora Mod Team

Send a message via MSN to Graceburn

maybe there could be like a buy/sell locater, but you could search the entire universe and get a message from the program?
Old 29.03.2008   #27
Sammy
X² Pandora Mod Team

It tells you if a station is no longer in black numbers?
Sry 'bout my really bad english
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10.04.2008   #28
rhonkar
X² Pandora Mod Team

Well i saw your idea called "Cerberus", haven't you watch a little the XTM Mod, because that's the name of the Argon M7

Also, you have good ideas! Well done Why aren't you all employed by Egosoft?
Old 11.04.2008   #29
SWAHILI!!!
X² Pandora Mod Team

Oh course I haven't seen any of the stuff from XTM. . . . .

I mainly use their names for stuff.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!
SWAHILI!!! is offline   Reply With Quote