Go Back   X2 Pandora Modproject Forum > English Section > Ideas

Ideas Write your Ideas here in!.

Old 26.03.2008   #1
Graceburn
X² Pandora Mod Team

Send a message via MSN to Graceburn
Default I'm Here, And Willing To Contribute

Hi, I'm Daniel, aka 'Graceburn on this site and the egosoft site, and are willing to help out with the production of x2: Pandora Mod. I can offer translation services for the mod from German to English, but are not very fluent in the whole x2 in-game editing thing, although I do believe in Learning By Doing, and have experimented a little, generally destroying myself in the galaxy editor, and causing ships to behave erratically by means of the script editor. I am not fluent in the German Language, but have the means to translate it. I can also do Male voice acting for the mod in English, and can be very manipulating with my voice. Another area I excel at is ship DESIGN, not creation, but design, being very artistic, and idealistic, hoping to contribute with many ideas, posted in this section. Any request or information is welcome at either my egosoft private messages, the account name Graceburn, and the same name for my inbox on this site, and my e-mail address is daniel.9119@hotmail.com

Thanks
Old 26.03.2008   #2
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gi

Welcome to the Pandora forum, Graceburn.

Ship design sounds pretty good to me For my part, I find this the most difficult part of creating new ships. Man, it took me forever to design these Khaak ships. And I haven't made yet some of the ships I want to make, because I just don't have a idea of a good design...
Do you have any design you can show?

Since you don't speak German fluently, I think it's best if we do a rough translation (I think our English can be understood ). You (and Swahili, if he's willing) can do the 'finetuning'.

There are no plans for additional voices right now, but who knows... open for suggestions....

If you want additional information regarding modding and/or scripting, everyone's willing to help. In my experience, the best way to approach this is your personal interest. I started scripting, because the standard buy/sell commands weren't suitable in later game when I had a lot of stations. That was years ago. Nowadays I don't bother with these commands, it's more general stuff I'm interested, things affecting the whole universe/game (similar thing when I started modding).
It's up to you, what you want to do. Tell us, if you're interested in a specific area, and we try to help you doing it.
Chris Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26.03.2008   #3
Graceburn
X² Pandora Mod Team

Thanks, I don't have any designs right now, drawn up, but I do have visualizations for a khaak m6, and a new type of ship, the political cruiser, a lightly armed, heavily guarded government ship, similar to a carrier, but travels the universe for each race, including the xenon and khaak, but they would just move between their own sectors, and one for the unknown race, or U.F.O. There would only be one for each race, but would be available for the player to buy at the shipyard at the respective race's home sector, except the enemy or unknowns versions. Names for the ships are as follows:
Argon Fortescue
Boron Crown (i no they generally name their ships after fish, but they ARE a monarchy and it is a political cruiser)
Paranid Hades
Split Pterodactyl
Teladi Owl
Khaak Governor
Xenon Ambassador
Unknown Political Cruiser

The ships could also have a personal name, like the argon one, or left like this. the actual ship design, if you all like the idea can be handled by myself or it can be open for anyone.

I have a few other ideas for ships and such, but they need a little fine tuning.

Cheers, Graceburn
Old 26.03.2008   #4
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gi

Nice idea, these political cruisers. As I understand it, these are a ship for Ambassadors or something the like. Thus I don't see why the Khaak or Xenon should use something like this.
Chris Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26.03.2008   #5
Graceburn
X² Pandora Mod Team

Yes, I do agree with you on the xenon and khaak, but maybe the xenon can say they have received anti-virus software from the terrans, and the delay was because of the time it took for something called 'radio waves' to travel through the universe, but the political cruiser and its fighters are the only craft to receive the anti virus software, and it will take a long time to distribute, due to the fact that the other xenon ships do not want this update, an idea planted by the original virus, and consider the small xenon wing only as neutral, bordering on enemy. as for the khaak, apparently they are controlled from one source, so they probably don't need one anyway.

the main reason i came back to this topic was really because i wanted to say that i have the x2 modder kit, but haven't really looked at it much yet, and that im running windows xp .
Old 26.03.2008   #6
Adlantis
X² Pandora Mod Team

Send a message via ICQ to Adlantis

Welcome Graceburn

Quote:
Paranid Hades
8o
Hmm, i think I've got an Idea...
Adlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26.03.2008   #7
SWAHILI!!!
X² Pandora Mod Team

Welcome to the forums, Graceburn!

The Political Cruisers are a nice idea, but I agree with Chris, I don't think that the Kha'ak or Xenon would have one.

And I P.M.ed Chris about an idea for the Kha'ak M6, it's from XTM, but it's still pretty cool:

Bigger picture here: http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3/scre...screen_257.jpg

I think it looks insect-like enough, don't you
Cheers,
S
SWAHILI!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26.03.2008   #8
Adlantis
X² Pandora Mod Team

Send a message via ICQ to Adlantis

Lol, thats a dragon And I don't think that we're allowed to copy models from XTM
Adlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27.03.2008   #9
Graceburn
X² Pandora Mod Team

i thought 4 the khaak m6 it could be a ship that has a smaller, flatter body, made from the khaak capships main body, with two front mounted GKE, fired from lasertower models (i no that this was used in the flagship mod, it's where i got the idea) which stick off the spherical parts of the khaak station, which are held to the body by the sticks that hold the station parts together, and the cockpit could be an entire khaak m4 interceptor, held there by 2 of the same sticks aforementioned. also, i think the pol. cruisers could be stations modeled on ships that move by jumping sectors when you leave them, or after a certain amount of time? ?(
Old 27.03.2008   #10
SWAHILI!!!
X² Pandora Mod Team

Well, I think one of the goals of Pandora is to make the Kha'ak ships look more insect-like, that's why if you go to the gallery and see the M3, M4, M5, and CL ships, they all look pretty insect-like, so that's why I thought of that ship from XTM.

Oh, I think it'd look cool to have the ships kind of look like stations and such, it'd be pretty cool.
SWAHILI!!! is offline   Reply With Quote