Go Back   X2 Pandora Modproject Forum > English Section > Top Gun Mod discussion

Old 09.02.2009   #1
Lord James

Default AHHH can't get this mod to work, ripping out my hair.....AHHHH save my hair!!!

ok so I downloaded the topgun mod, looks cool from the screens I have seen but I can't seem to get it to work. Is there a mod manager I should be using? or am I just being a X2 nub.... please help I don't have much more hair to rip out here!
Old 09.02.2009   #2
Gravemind
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Gravemind Send a message via Skype™ to Gravemind
Default AW: AHHH can't get this mod to work, ripping out my hair.....AHHHH save my hair!!!

did you make sure you put the dat and cat files in the main folder? C:/Program Files/EGOSOFT/X² - The Threat/ dont put the files in the mods folder.

rename the dat and cats in the next higher number you see next to.
Old 09.02.2009   #3
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gi
Default AW: AHHH can't get this mod to work, ripping out my hair.....AHHHH save my hair!!!

No, Gravemind is wrong. You need to put the files into the mods directory of your X2 path.

I don't know why, but some people have problems with the TopGun Mod. When you get the starting screen of X2, check "Ignore last settings and start with default". This seems to help.

Of course, you need the download from this site, because the original download from Shadowtek.net has a slight issue, and Harlock didn't upload a newer version.

If you have downloaded the mod and the additional files from here, check "Ignore last settings and start with default", and you still have problems, the best place to ask for help is the TopGunMod-Forum on Shadowtek.net. It's where Harlock is, he may know best what may be causing your problems.
Nevertheless, feel free to post here, we're trying to help, but we're only hosting the mod, we are not the developers of the mod, so our knowledge is limited.
Chris Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30.01.2010   #4
Dongaio

Send a message via ICQ to Dongaio
Default Re: AHHH can't get this mod to work, ripping out my hair.....AHHHH save my hair!!!

Hi all. I have a problem with installing this mod. I have X2 1.4 (rus) and all new ships, stations and weapons looks like ReadText-xxxx in object's text ID. I put .cat\.dat files to mods folder, init.topgun.text to scripts folder, 447601.xml to t folder. Then I renamed 447601 to 707601 as said in mod's readme (70 is ID of russian language. I think). Option "Ignore last settings ..." was checked. However, names of mod's objects is ReadText-xxxx. I tried to put 447601.xml text to70001.xml that is in t folder, I got right names of new objects but X2 crashes at doking T_T Can you help me to instal shis mod right? Whad did I wrong? 70 is ID of russian language?

Sorry my English
Dongaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30.01.2010   #5
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Quote:
Then I renamed 447601 to 707601
This is right. However, you have to edit the xml-file after renaming. It should read:

< ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ? >
< language id="44" >

You need to change that to:

< ? xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ? >
< language id="70" >

Don't mind the space between "<" and "?". I had to insert it to get the text displayed....

Quote:
I tried to put 447601.xml text to70001.xml
Don't do this. The 700001 is one of the most important files.

Last edited by Chris Gi; 30.01.2010 at 22:54
Old 31.01.2010   #6
Dongaio

Default Re: AHHH can't get this mod to work, ripping out my hair.....AHHHH save my hair!!!

Holy Queen... I was close. Russian ID is "70" but I tried run X2 with language id="7". Thank you for answers, I'll try to run game with right language ID. Let fortune guide your jorney through an X-universe

Original file doesn't have "encoding="UTF-8" ?>", should I add it too?

Last edited by Dongaio; 31.01.2010 at 00:32
Old 31.01.2010   #7
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

You mean the TopGun t-file?
I'm not quite sure about this. But I think it doesn't hurt. In German language file as well as Russian it may be necessary... English language file don't need it.
Old 31.01.2010   #8
Dongaio

Your advice didn't help me When I was gambling with X2 files I found a solution. I copied text of 447601 (without < ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ? >
< language id= "70" >...text... ) to end of 70003.xml. (part of X2 RUS files use ID 7, another use 70) X2 1.4 RUS has so many bugs...

Last edited by Dongaio; 31.01.2010 at 02:57
Old 31.01.2010   #9
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Ah, okay. Maybe the line should read language id= "7"?

But nice you found a solution
Old 06.02.2010   #10
Dongaio

One more question. How was experimental shuttle added to HQ's property and to shipyard as S\M\L goods?

Last edited by Dongaio; 06.02.2010 at 14:32