Go Back   X2 Pandora Modproject Forum > English Section > Ideas

Ideas Write your Ideas here in!.

Old 14.09.2009   #1
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gi
Default Post your ideas!

The Pandora Mod extends the universe within several aspects: new ships, new stations, new sectors etc. All these have to be named and described. In addition we want to bring new messages to the BBS system; those have to be written as well.

Therefore we wanted to call for your help to post your ideas for names, descriptions, news etc. While descriptions for ships you don't even know yet can hardly be made, proposals for names are gladly welcome.

What we need:
Name for ships
Name (and descriptions) for sectors
Message for the BBS-system - these messages can be funny, seriously, they can even tell small stories, that are told in several different messages.

As an example, here is the description of the new Boron flagship (M0-Class):

Quote:
Name: Boron Anari
Description:
The ships of the Anari class are the largest and strongest ships in the Boron fleet. Developed after the war against Split, their existence was kept secret for a long time. They were first seen in the battle around the border sector of the eastern colonies when a ship of the Anari class under the command of Hila Na whiped out a whole Split fleet. This sector was renamed to "Hila's Joy" in honour of Hila Na.
The Boron Anari is named after the Anari, a whale that lifes on the Boron homeworld. Almost nothing is known of this whale. Expeditions proved its existence, however the whales always succeeded to withdraw themselves from further scientific investigations. Thus the Anari is considered extremely intelligent. Additionally, no aggressive actions of these whales are know. For these reasons the Anari became the symbol of the Boron way of life.
Chris Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Gi For This Useful Post:
Shadow dream (14.09.2009)
Old 19.09.2009   #2
Lord Dakier

Default Re: Post your ideas!

VSI Industries

Title: Argon Stunned By Raid On Pirate Station

Earlier on Argon officials raided a pirate station thought to be used as a petty smuggling complex. The raiding parties was stunned when they charged into several rooms and found that this thought to be petty pirate complex was actually a top ranked brothel of the pirates.

Although information was sketchy one member mentioned how he stumbled into a room to find an Argon female, a male Paranid and a male Split best described with the term busy at work.
Old 21.09.2009   #3
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Default AW: Post your ideas!

Our first random BBS-News!

I think, this message should only be available on Argon stations, because - Boron don't mind
- Paranid and Split are involved
- Teladi don't mind a good laugh without profitssss

@German Pandora-Team:
Can anyone make a good translation?
Old 21.09.2009   #4
Lord Dakier

I can think of loads lol.

VSI Industries

Title: Cht H'nt Got Lucky... Or Did He?

After a few succesfull traderuns, Cht H'nt managed to buy himself a business which eventaully expanded into a small by setup in sector Rhonkar's Clouds. After showing several industrialists what he had achieved, he was offered a total of 70,000,000Cr so the buyer could take all shares of the greatly achieving stations.

70,000,000Cr Cht H'nt would of been stupid to pass up this offer. With this money he ordered the construction of an M2 battleship at Split home sector, Family Pride. Several mizura's after undocking a rookie pilot onboard almost collided with another capital ship in the sector. Managing to evade the Split Military capital ship the pilot then collided with a power plant destroying the M2, the power plant and killing 53 Split civilians.

Cht H'nt hoped the insurance would cover it however, he appeared to be only 1000Cr under the deposit of 5000Cr. With no ship, no business and also a 20,000,000Cr debt covering health insurances and maintanence he will now be seated before the Split High Family Court to await his punishment.
Old 21.09.2009   #5
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Quote:
I can think of loads lol.
Go on. If you submit 5 messages, you get promoted to GalNews Reporter
Old 05.02.2010   #6
Dongaio

Send a message via ICQ to Dongaio

I have a question. Where is information with gun equipment of NPC-ships? I would like to give to NPC-ships new set of guns. It would be much more better if some of boron ships have ion disruptor or discoverer\skorpion has mass driver (few of NPC-discoverers would be moderate threat for any ship any size without fast guns), so help me plz to find in what files this information is.
Olso I have 2 new ships (thanks to Jorkin from elite-games team). Teladi Swan (Pride of Higara's model from Homeworld 2) is a M1\M2\TL hybrid. It isn't powerful and agile ship but heavy armored and fast. I have big gate which can pass Swan
Paranid Themis (Hades, I still can't decide) has Dreadnought's model from Homeworld 2. This ship has very strong nose's weaponsystems (8 laser-towers weapons, 4 main+4 in turret) but another sides weapons are pure.
Sorry my English
Dongaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06.02.2010   #7
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

There's no specific file for these informations. NPC ships seldom use Ion Disruptor or Mass Driver. This is due to the way ships get equipped with default weapons.

However, you can use scripts to change the installed weapons. There may be some scripts that do this, I don't know. The "Advanced Combat Pilots" scripts from XAI does something similar (but I don't know if this works for NPC-ships).
Old 06.02.2010   #8
Dongaio

Send a message via ICQ to Dongaio

I'll try to create script to make TL that can produce goods and consume resources as well as station does or may be worse. It easy than seems.
Dongaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23.03.2010   #9
Witchy

Hi all, newb on the block. I just thought I'd post an offering for the BBS News.

GalNews Corporation .......Breaking News
Title: Split within The Split

Reliable sources close to the Split High Council admit that the Family Rhonkar Clan are in a state of crisis this wozura. A power struggle within the powerful clan has led to the expulsion of several younger members and their supporters. The dissident's leader Kho'haat said, "The bloodline of Rhonkar has grown weak with luxury and we, who wish to stem this decline have been forced out."
The new clan, Rhonkar's Blood have left the home sector for Thuruk's Beard, where clan members own several stations. Split factions within Thuruk's Beard have declined to comment publically regarding the imminent arrival of this new clan within their sector but privately many have expressed concern, that the new clan’s powerful fleet and their aggressive expansionist nature will only destabilize a region already suffering increasing pirate incursions from Hatikvah's Faith.

or on a lighter note

GalNews Corporation.........Travel

Title: New vacation ideas from Xtreme Holiday's

This mazura's "Most Changes of Underwear Award" goes to a new Argon tour company Xtreme Holidays. To say that they offer holidays with a difference is an understatement. As the company brochure proudly exclaims, "If you are bored with the same sightseeing tours why not try our "Moon the Xenon holiday". Travel in a super fast luxury TP class liner visit a dangerous Xenon sector and in the comfort of our viewing lounge you can "Moon" a Xenon M6 and experience the thrill of the chase as our professional Ex-military pilots get you out of trouble and back to safety in time for a sumptious meal at one of our 5 star restaurants. Contact Xtreme Holidays at your nearest Argon Free Trading Station and you'll never look behind you in the same way again.

http://witchicusrex.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Witchy; 23.03.2010 at 17:49
Witchy is offline   Reply With Quote