Go Back   X2 Pandora Modproject Forum > English Section > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Here it is: the long missed Off-Topic Thread

Old 15.07.2009   #1
reheat

Default Stability

I cut this off a response in another thread as it seemed to exceede the subject at hand. I thought I would place it here, and I am certain you people will find this old news. I'm not looking to use this forum to replace troubleshooting for the egosoft site, but am a bit curious if others experience(d) the same here.

I have not started the X3 Reunion game yet. I have it loaded and updated to V2.5 and X2 at V1.5en. Haven't run it down yet but the few minutes I ran X3 I got audio garbling all over the place. Have the same thing in X-BTF/X-Tension. X2 doesn't do it to me. Too weird. I could understand the old X universe stuff having issues to a point, but why fix it in X2, and break it again in X3 Reunion? LOL Go figure. I'm guessing you all have some historical perspective on how Egosoft has handled bugs and features.

The company seems nice and all, and considerate of the user community, but a bit muddled about their business model.
reheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15.07.2009   #2
Adlantis
X² Pandora Mod Team

Send a message via ICQ to Adlantis
Default Re: Stability

Quote:
Originally Posted by reheat View Post
I cut this off a response in another thread as it seemed to exceede the subject at hand. I thought I would place it here, and I am certain you people will find this old news. I'm not looking to use this forum to replace troubleshooting for the egosoft site, but am a bit curious if others experience(d) the same here.

I have not started the X3 Reunion game yet. I have it loaded and updated to V2.5 and X2 at V1.5en. Haven't run it down yet but the few minutes I ran X3 I got audio garbling all over the place. Have the same thing in X-BTF/X-Tension. X2 doesn't do it to me. Too weird. I could understand the old X universe stuff having issues to a point, but why fix it in X2, and break it again in X3 Reunion? LOL Go figure. I'm guessing you all have some historical perspective on how Egosoft has handled bugs and features.

The company seems nice and all, and considerate of the user community, but a bit muddled about their business model.
Audio Problems seem to be the more usual Problems in the X.Games...
When I installed X3 for the first time, I couldn't hear the first 5 Seconds of a Dialog Line... This was rather annoying...

I think most of the Problems can be fixed by keeping your AudioCodecs up to date...

-> http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=113628
Adlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Adlantis For This Useful Post:
reheat (16.07.2009)
Old 16.07.2009   #3
reheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlantis View Post
Audio Problems seem to be the more usual Problems in the X.Games...
When I installed X3 for the first time, I couldn't hear the first 5 Seconds of a Dialog Line... This was rather annoying...

I think most of the Problems can be fixed by keeping your AudioCodecs up to date...

-> http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=113628

Way cool m8. Thanks much. I wasn't looking for you guys to troubleshoot, but this is a very cool app. Thought I had it all with the k-light codec pack. It at least was more recent of a version than the X3. Every now and then when I update K-light, it does a diagnostic and corrects problems with the new install. Guess it doesn't catch everything.

Still, Egosoft shouldn't have had those problems.
reheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16.07.2009   #4
Adlantis
X² Pandora Mod Team

Send a message via ICQ to Adlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by reheat View Post
Way cool m8. Thanks much. I wasn't looking for you guys to troubleshoot, but this is a very cool app. Thought I had it all with the k-light codec pack. It at least was more recent of a version than the X3. Every now and then when I update K-light, it does a diagnostic and corrects problems with the new install. Guess it doesn't catch everything.

Still, Egosoft shouldn't have had those problems.
Well, I hope it helps...
Adlantis is offline   Reply With Quote