Go Back   X2 Pandora Modproject Forum > Public Dev Section > English

English There are some topics, we're unsure, we want to discuss with the gamers.

Old 06.04.2008   #21
SWAHILI!!!
X² Pandora Mod Team

I have another script that would come in handy in the game I'm currently playing.

Say you're trading in a TS, but you don't have enough money for a station, so, you dock at a station and find this BBS:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________
STATION LOW ON FREIGHTER CAPTAINS. HIRING NOW

Good Tazura, space pilot, that's a nice freighter you have. Do you want to put it to work?
Our Solar Power Plant Beta in Mines of Fortune is currently running low on crystals, and we don't have nearly enough freighters to get all of them.
If hired, you will receive messages through your ship computer telling you what ware to get and how many to get of them. You will get payed for each ware you bring in, and you get to call the Solar Power Plant your home.
So what do you say pilot, ready to do some work?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would happen if you select one of the choices (it would say something like, 'Yes, please consider hiring me'), your ship's homebase would immedietly be changed to that specific station, and it would send you messages saying when you need to deliver wares and how many you need to get.

What do you think?
SWAHILI!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07.04.2008   #22
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gi

Did I understand you right? You get a SPP (almost) for free?
Chris Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07.04.2008   #23
SWAHILI!!!
X² Pandora Mod Team

No, it wouldn't change owner race.

And also, no, you'd have to pay a flat fee of 144,000 credits or something.
Old 07.04.2008   #24
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

I still don't quite understand.

If I get hired, my freighter works for the station, right? It should buy the wares demanded, sell it at the station, and besides the profit it gets from buying and selling, I get additional money (and a better reputation ) for helping them out. Right?

Quote:
And also, no, you'd have to pay a flat fee of 144,000 credits or something.
What do you mean?
Old 07.04.2008   #25
SWAHILI!!!
X² Pandora Mod Team

Okay, so, you're flying around, looking for wares to trade, when you dock at a station to do some trading, and you read the BBS.
As you're scrolling through the list of stories, you see one that says something like 'Freighters on Strike! Need Captains with TS for work!'
You read the story (the one I posted earlier), and then there's two choices at the bottom that you can choose from, 'Yes, I would like to be hired' or 'Please Tell Me More' or something like that.

If you choose 'Please Tell Me More', you'll get another page of information saying what will happen if you get hired (station sends you messages when it's low on wares, ect, you get paid for each ware delivered, as well as an extra fee that isn't too big, say something like 15 credits a ware plus an additional 10 credits per sector traveled through. That way if you get 850 units of energy cells from The Vault, and your homebase is in Home of Opportunity, you'd get a grand total of 25,500 credits. If you deliver 500 units of Silicon for 670 credits a pop, that's 335,000 credits, and depending on what sectors you get it from, and where your home is, there's a possibility of making some real money here. And also, I like your idea about your notority with that race going up, too).

Oh, and the flat fee is the amount of credits you have to pay, you know, like for other missions, you have to pay some credits to do it, maybe you'd have to pay a small fee in order to get hired or something.

Does it kind of make sense?
Old 07.04.2008   #26
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

You have to pay a fee to accept a mission? I never had to do this (except for the Lottery and the sector maps).

That's really a lot of money you can make, too much I'd say.
But what about taking the idea a little further? We could create a trader's guild. The flat fee you have to pay to become a member of the guild, and as a member, you get missions from different stations (you make only single runs). You start with less lucrative missions like 'Get 100 units of EC' from stations near you (~2 sectors), and as your reputation increases you get more lucrative missions like 'Get 10.000 units of EC' (from all over the universe). And eventually you get access to dock at the 'Trading Guild HQ', the only place in the whole universe where you can buy the new Super-Freighters .

What do you think?
Old 07.04.2008   #27
Adlantis
X² Pandora Mod Team

Send a message via ICQ to Adlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Chris Gi',index.php?page=Thread&postID=1887#post1887
You have to pay a fee to accept a mission? I never had to do this (except for the Lottery and the sector maps).

That's really a lot of money you can make, too much I'd say.
But what about taking the idea a little further? We could create a trader's guild. The flat fee you have to pay to become a member of the guild, and as a member, you get missions from different stations (you make only single runs). You start with less lucrative missions like 'Get 100 units of EC' from stations near you (~2 sectors), and as your reputation increases you get more lucrative missions like 'Get 10.000 units of EC' (from all over the universe). And eventually you get access to dock at the 'Trading Guild HQ', the only place in the whole universe where you can buy the new Super-Freighters .

What do you think?
Adlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07.04.2008   #28
SWAHILI!!!
X² Pandora Mod Team

I like it!

I'm also looking forward to seeing the new Super Freighters in X2. . .
Old 07.04.2008   #29
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

The Super Freighters will not be available in the upcoming V 0.10. I guess, it will take me a few days just to retexture the Teladi Super Freighter I was curently working on. I planed to incorporate it in V 0.10, but it is too much work to get it done. Or I will use a poorly textured version, I haven't decided it yet. It depends on how soon the rest of the stuff is done....
Old 07.04.2008   #30
SWAHILI!!!
X² Pandora Mod Team

Cool.

I really like the new backgrounds, it makes them look a lot more like they're actually in space, with loads of stars, which kind of lacked in regular X2.