Go Back   X2 Pandora Modproject Forum > Public Dev Section > English

English There are some topics, we're unsure, we want to discuss with the gamers.

Old 30.03.2008   #11
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gi

If you manage to write some news within the next few days, I may be able to incorparate them in Version 0.10, if you send me texts in time.
Chris Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30.03.2008   #12
Graceburn
X≤ Pandora Mod Team

Send a message via MSN to Graceburn

okay, i'll boot up x2 and see if there's any unfinished reports, and write 4 or 5 up tomorrow.
Old 30.03.2008   #13
SWAHILI!!!
X≤ Pandora Mod Team

Chris, you make it sound like version one of Pandora is almost finished.
Is it?
SWAHILI!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30.03.2008   #14
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

No, I'm talking about Version 0.10. This is just an internal test version. There are too few things changed to make it an official release.

There are a few things to change, especially to create a full featured version of the Paranid SPP. This is an important part (in my opinion), because it will show a few things: how Paranid Ship will look like, and how SPPs will look like (and that we're able to change stations , another thing seldom seen in mods).
Old 31.03.2008   #15
Graceburn
X≤ Pandora Mod Team

I wrote this up, and think it would fit in well if we git rid of the jumpdrive:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jumpdrive To Be Abolished, TerraCorpStates

Today TerraCorp announced that it would be stopping production of the jumpdrive, producing them only for certain craft including the Pandora, which are currently being developed by Goner scientists. The reason for the discontinued production of the jumpdrive technology has not being released, but you can be sure the IBC will be there to release details as they come in.

Hanes Gilser ‚?? Science Correspondent IBC News
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TerraCorp announced that they will be recalling and stopping production of the jumpdrive because when craft jumped, the energy cells used for the jump would react with atomic compounds created by a jumping ship. These compounds would remain in the expended cells, causing radiation damage to anything within a 1 kilometre radius. The reason this atomic reaction has gone unnoticed for so long is because long range scanners have blocked out any traces of it, and its existence was made known ‚??a working class Teladi‚?? TerraCorp are refusing to release further details.

The IBC was today approached by a Teladi worker, who said he was the ‚??working class Teladi‚?? mentioned by TerraCorp in their last press conference at Argon Prime. He agreed to an interview and said: ‚??I was making repairs to the Trading Station in Spaceweed Drift, when a TerraCorp Mammoth that was delivering the parts for the repair, jumped while I was applying Teladianium Panelling. The next think I felt was a wave of intense pain, and saw dark green burns on my spacesuit and the side of the station. I went back inside to report to the manager, who called TerraCorp to report what we thought was a fault.‚??
Part Two of this interview will follow next Wozura.

Part Two of the interview with Foologos Yahandis Rungissas VI: ‚??After the manager spoke to TerraCorp about the Mammoth‚??s fault, TerraCorp found no problems, and tested it with another ship, and found this was common with all jumpdrives. We gained a profit of $374,567 Credits in compensation, so we‚??re happy with the result, although trading will be a little more time consuming!‚?? TerraCorp has officially shut down production of the jumpdrive, and begun recalling drives already sold, stating that they will be bought back with and additional $1000 credits, to pay for any damage. Goner scientists have begun researching alternate ways of jumping, and creating ships that suppress the atomic compounds, and possibly even use them to recharge energy cells, possibly making a drive that needs to have energy cells installed once.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These all use the same heading, what do you think?
Old 31.03.2008   #16
SWAHILI!!!
X≤ Pandora Mod Team

They're pretty good!
SWAHILI!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31.03.2008   #17
Graceburn
X≤ Pandora Mod Team

thanks , and these: ‚?????? are meant to be either - or ' but something glitched
Old 31.03.2008   #18
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Yeah, cool stuff! Nice work. One thing though: you mentioned the Pandora in the first news. I think this has to be remove. Because the news should be visible very early in the game, when the Player will not know, that there's a ship named Pandora. This will be released later in the game.

I don't know if I'll incorporate this in Version 0.10. I have to check whether it works without additional scripting or not. If you mind the news come in this specific order, I sure can make it to display. But I don't know if I get the news in correct order without additional scripting.
Old 01.04.2008   #19
Graceburn
X≤ Pandora Mod Team

it doesn't really matter what order they're put in, or if the pandora is taken out, that should save you some time to work on the important stuff. btw: the science correspondent for the IBC is called Hanes Gisller, not Gilser
Old 01.04.2008   #20
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

I totally disagree with you. I've just read the news again. They have to come in that order. They are too good (in exactly this order) to be arranged in any other way.
Some of the Vanilla news are arranged in a similar way, some news will be shown only if you've read preceding news. I have to check it out, if we can simply use the same mechanism. If not, I have to do some scripting, but sooner or later, if we make more use of the BBS-system, this work has to be done anyway.