Go Back   X2 Pandora Modproject Forum > English Section > Mod Universe

Mod Universe You can post here and Talk with other Peoples.

Old 06.01.2013   #1
immortalfrieza

Default How's Pandora's progess coming?

I'm surprised this mod is still alive after all this time. It shows just how dedicated the Pandora team is. However, I don't see anything here which shows any updates on it's progress, why not?

This mod is brilliant though, it adds quite a few things that I had expected to see in the X games from the outset, and I hope that it actually gets finished.

Last edited by immortalfrieza; 06.01.2013 at 11:01
immortalfrieza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06.01.2013   #2
Shadow dream
X² Pandora Mod Team

Send a message via MSN to Shadow dream Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow dream
Default AW: How's Pandora's progess coming?

It will, it's just hard to tell when this will be. We have a lot of plans and many of them still need to be done. Of course some are finished too, but we won't release such an early Alpha-Stage since it would look half-done.

If you want to help - no matter how - we're still looking for modders to create ships and stations. Or making some music, News, Conversations,... almost everything! If you know someone ..?

Shadow

Mein Lieblingsradio und die Playliste dazu!
Code:
       |  |
   /)/)|  |(\(\
  (-.-)|  |(-.-)  
 ("")<)|  |(>("")
""""""""""""""""""
Shadow dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06.01.2013   #3
immortalfrieza

Default Re: AW: How's Pandora's progess coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow dream View Post
It will, it's just hard to tell when this will be. We have a lot of plans and many of them still need to be done. Of course some are finished too, but we won't release such an early Alpha-Stage since it would look half-done.

If you want to help - no matter how - we're still looking for modders to create ships and stations. Or making some music, News, Conversations,... almost everything! If you know someone ..?

Shadow
Unfortunately, I don't have any modding skills or anything, I wish I did, but anything that complicated always goes right over my head whenever I try to learn how to do it. Nor do I know of anyone that does have modding skills, I'm sorry.

It seems like the modding community for X2 is all but dead, most everybody moved on to the newer games. All I can do is advise you to add a few threads to any X modding forums you can find asking for assistance.

EDIT: Something just occurred to me. Maybe it would be a good idea for the team to release the Pandora mod piecemeal, those parts of it that can work on their own, like whatever stations and ships you've already made for example. That way, you could have the mod tested by the X2 players at large, a little bit at a time, ironing out the bugs and receiving feedback on it.

Last edited by immortalfrieza; 06.01.2013 at 16:52
Old 06.01.2013   #4
Guennie1568
Meister der Töne

Location: Sol System (real), Aladnas Hügel (X3), Ringo Mond (X2 und XBTF)
Send a message via MSN to Guennie1568 Send a message via Skype™ to Guennie1568

Hi immortalfrieza

If you can't modelling or scripting, you can help with other things.
We need things like voices too. Do you have a microphone or a headset? So you can record some plot texts. You don't need to convert or edit this files. But, if you have cooledit, you can do it for yourself. If you have Dropbox, you can upload these files to it and we can add it to the mod files. For editing, you need the scripts from egosoft's X Superbox. For editing, you need the scripts from egosoft's X Superbox. If you don't have both, we can help you
Besucht doch auch mal dieses Projekt. (hat nichts mit x zutun)
Guennie1568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06.01.2013   #5
immortalfrieza

Default Re: AW: How's Pandora's progess coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guennie1568 View Post
Hi immortalfrieza

If you can't modelling or scripting, you can help with other things.
We need things like voices too. Do you have a microphone or a headset? So you can record some plot texts. You don't need to convert or edit this files. But, if you have cooledit, you can do it for yourself. If you have Dropbox, you can upload these files to it and we can add it to the mod files. For editing, you need the scripts from egosoft's X Superbox. For editing, you need the scripts from egosoft's X Superbox. If you don't have both, we can help you
I've got a mic, so maybe I can do some voice acting. how does VAing work?
Old 06.01.2013   #6
Couchracer

Default AW: Re: AW: How's Pandora's progess coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalfrieza View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have any modding skills or anything, I wish I did, but anything that complicated always goes right over my head whenever I try to learn how to do it. Nor do I know of anyone that does have modding skills, I'm sorry.
Never mind
I also started modding for the X2P projekt without any modding experiences. Of course, my first models weren't the best, but they soon became better.
If you could help us, that would be great. Just try it, if you really don't like modding, we won't lose anything and you had at least tried it

Please excuse me, my spelling and grammar aren't the best .
Old 06.01.2013   #7
Guennie1568
Meister der Töne

Location: Sol System (real), Aladnas Hügel (X3), Ringo Mond (X2 und XBTF)
Send a message via MSN to Guennie1568 Send a message via Skype™ to Guennie1568
Default AW: Re: AW: How's Pandora's progess coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalfrieza View Post
I've got a mic, so maybe I can do some voice acting. how does VAing work?
You have a mic? Thats great!
If you have cooledit, you must set your mic as standard audio input hardware.
Then press the record button (red point) and speak some text.
But you do not need this program. You can use every audio editor like Audacity (www.audacity.sourceforge.net) or the simple windows audio recorder. For editing the file(s) you can send the files to us (Chris Gi, Shadow Dream or me). We have CoolEdit/Adobe Audition and the scripts from egosoft.
Perhaps you can send some test recordings? So we can hear it and look for good texts for your voice. Perhaps one or more main characters?
Our (main) plots are very audio heavy.
Besucht doch auch mal dieses Projekt. (hat nichts mit x zutun)
Guennie1568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06.01.2013   #8
immortalfrieza

Default Re: AW: Re: AW: How's Pandora's progess coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guennie1568 View Post
You have a mic? Thats great!
If you have cooledit, you must set your mic as standard audio input hardware.
Then press the record button (red point) and speak some text.
But you do not need this program. You can use every audio editor like Audacity (www.audacity.sourceforge.net) or the simple windows audio recorder. For editing the file(s) you can send the files to us (Chris Gi, Shadow Dream or me). We have CoolEdit/Adobe Audition and the scripts from egosoft.
Perhaps you can send some test recordings? So we can hear it and look for good texts for your voice. Perhaps one or more main characters?
Our (main) plots are very audio heavy.
Yeah, I've got audacity, so that might work. I'd only use free audio programs though

Could you send me a PM of a few sample lines I could record and then send to you? That'll give me something to work off of.

Last edited by immortalfrieza; 06.01.2013 at 22:25
Old 07.01.2013   #9
4of25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow dream View Post

Shadow
In deed, but i think there is one point:

we have a massive PR lack

Perhaps we can do something like a x2p-o-meter, showing the actual progress. The different progress in modding, audio, plot or scripting may be the main prob.

Last edited by 4of25; 07.01.2013 at 18:07
4of25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07.01.2013   #10
Couchracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4of25 View Post
Perhaps we can do something like a x2p-o-meter, showing the actual progress. The different progress in modding, audio, plot or scripting may be the main prob.
Would be nice