Go Back   X2 Pandora Modproject Forum > English Section > Ideas

Ideas Write your Ideas here in!.

Old 22.05.2012   #1
Chewie

Default Block easy Khaak weapon capture

Vanilla X2 makes it far too easy to pick up credits - all you need is a rear mounted APSG and before you know it, you can capture a few Khaak M5s complete with weapons worth 1 million credits each.

I think there should be a 'self destruct' which destroys most of the weapons before the pilot dies. (I note that the Khaak pilots never bail out like the other races do!).
Chewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22.05.2012   #2
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gi
Default AW: Block easy Khaak weapon capture

We worked on this. I'm still not satisfied with the results, but it's a lot more difficult to capture a Khaak ship with it's weapons. On the other hand, you sometimes get other goods.
This also is dependend on the overall difficulty level of the game. Pandora uses a similar difficulty system as vanilla X2. But instead of just defining the starting conditions of the player, it has effects on many things in Pandora, including the propability of intact equipment on captured ships.
Besides: capture works differently in Pandora. If a pilot bails out, the ship doesn't automatically belong to you. Instead, it belongs to the first who is able to get onboard the ship. Don't wait too long before you try to catch the ship ....
Chris Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22.05.2012   #3
Chewie

Default Re: AW: Block easy Khaak weapon capture

That sounds like a much better game feature.

I'm looking forward to when the Pandora mod is released as the descriptions to date show it to be much more complex and interesting than the original.
I'll have to wait for a new PC though - my old box has a hardware fault that causes intermittent freezes (even in dull windows work).

Cheers
Chewie is offline   Reply With Quote