Go Back   X2 Pandora Modproject Forum > English Section > Off-Topic > Applications

Old 03.12.2010   #1
Dongaio

Send a message via ICQ to Dongaio
Default My Application

Hi all, I live in Ukraine. I can write scripts and I have alot of ideas for X2. I can't say that I'm experienced scripter but I made some scripts for P.X.D. I work on PXD with Zenon-MK7. I'm ready to learn new information that will help me to increase my capabilities in modding. Also I interesting in ship-balance and bug-testing (when I was child finding bugs seemed to me far more interesting, than game that I played). I can say that I have some experience in writing autopilot commands. In my scripts I use the method of substitution often, "system" objects do many actions that player see as ship or station-actions. I cant create models or textures yet but soon I will study 3Dmax (yes, I'm a student) and programming. I know russian and ukrainian so I can translate text into this languages if you need. I often talk to the Elite-games community and I adopt experience of elite-modmakers.
I have already do scripts that can:
1) produce ships as goods (station produces ware that looks like ship and script create ship after a purchase);
2) support-attack command for turrets to recharge shields of frienly ships (used with liser that have shiels-damage less zero)
3) mass-rocket attack (ship launches 5 rockets simultaneously)
4) suicide-attack for TS (ship create explosion and power of it depends on how many explosive materials this TS have in cargo)

Also I can do scripts that create some fights in random sectors in random periods of time or some thing like that. I studied bullet types and bullet's abilities, I can say that I experienced in creating lisers that using different ammunitions or do different type of damage.

Last edited by Dongaio; 03.12.2010 at 22:14
Dongaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03.12.2010   #2
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gi
Default AW: My Application

Well, we definitely need scripters, because a lot of scripts are still need to be written.
The scripts you've made all sound very interesting. And some of them are needed in deed. For example: the ship producing script could be used on the planed Player HeadQuarter and I was already thinking about adding an suicide-attack script for myself.
We have many laser slots available for all sort of lasers - so your ideas are very welcome.

Pandora is a little different than standard X2: we also have many new script commands that can be used, and more script commands are likely to be added. And we have increased the number of command slots (to 47 for each type). This number is due to my lazyness and not limited by the game engine.

I planed to set the main focus with regards to script on missions and plot stuff in the near future. But this is just a suggestion and not mandatory.

I would love to see russian translation. My impression from Elite-games community was that they all play in raw mode. Pandora will be packed as a mod. Thus I don't know if they have any interest in Pandora. This is your decision. We're also working on a new spoken version of the bord computer's voice (German and English at the moment). I don't know if something similar can be made with russian voice...

If you ask me, you're in the team
Chris Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03.12.2010   #3
Shadow dream
X² Pandora Mod Team

Send a message via MSN to Shadow dream Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow dream

My OK is there too

Shadow

Mein Lieblingsradio und die Playliste dazu!
Code:
       |  |
   /)/)|  |(\(\
  (-.-)|  |(-.-)  
 ("")<)|  |(>("")
""""""""""""""""""
Shadow dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03.12.2010   #4
Dongaio

Default Re: AW: My Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gi View Post
I don't know if something similar can be made with russian voice...
Why not? In the past I wanted to make male-voice computer or partly male. I think male voice is better for urgent announcements like "attention! some of your ships is under attack [sector_name]" or annoncement of missile's threat. If your need I can offer my own voice for russian speech but I doubt in quality of my voice However, many russian palyers think that speech in games (especially in such as space simulators) should be English even if game was created by russian company.

I would glad to join Pandora team.
Old 04.12.2010   #5
Shadow dream
X² Pandora Mod Team

Send a message via MSN to Shadow dream Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow dream
Default AW: Re: AW: My Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongaio View Post
However, many russian palyers think that speech in games (especially in such as space simulators) should be English even if game was created by russian company.
You got a good point there. English is more common for such things as allerts. The mixing with daily-stuffs (finding wares or else) makes it not realy handable. I mean: the Bordcomputer warns you in english, but when you dock somewhere it says in russian that docking is approved.
Personally I'd say english is better too. However there are many guys that want games in their mothertongue

Quote:
I would glad to join Pandora team.
So then I guess Zeron and you will be good members here
When are you ready to go? (P. X. D. is still work in progress?)

Shadow

Mein Lieblingsradio und die Playliste dazu!
Code:
       |  |
   /)/)|  |(\(\
  (-.-)|  |(-.-)  
 ("")<)|  |(>("")
""""""""""""""""""
Shadow dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04.12.2010   #6
Dongaio

Default Re: My Application

I'm ready right now. I just need to get some introduction of what things already done, what need to do and what change takes script redactor. Also I'd like to know what scripts have already wroten to know what arguments or autoarguments they use, what standart scripts ware changed. I'd like to know who will lead all jobs, who I must report and ask a questions.
We will talk about PXD future with Zenon.
Old 04.12.2010   #7
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Ok, then first of all:

Welcome to the team

You should have full acces to the forum by now.

You will work together with me. I will give the information you need in either PM or in the scripts part of the forum.
Old 06.12.2010   #8
Chris Gi
KorintenKacker

Quote:
what standart scripts ware changed.
I'm very reluctant to change standard scripts. Instead, I changed the global script map. Most of the standard commands use slightly modified script versions.
However, if it was not possible to use global script map (like with the actual fight script !fight.attack.object), I changed the script to use the Pandora version if Pandora is installed, and to use the standard version if not. This type of script is part of the mod itself (i.e. it is in the cat/dat).

If you need more specific information, just PM me.